That’s a Double Bypass from the Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas, where a woman -- eating a double-patty beef burger mashed between two lard-covered buns -- suffered an apparent heart attack. She was unconscious as she was rushed to the hospital Saturday night; she is expected to recover, KTNV.com reported.
To be fair, the burgers themselves may not be the culprit. The restaurant owner, Jon Basso, noted that the woman was also smoking and drinking a margarita.
I would say the woman gave her body every single thing it could handle and it finally gave out," Basso told KVVU-TV Fox5.
This is the second time in three months that someone has collapsed while eating a burger at the Heart Attack Grill, where the motto is “Taste worth dying for.” Guests are described as patients in the restaurant’s stated quest against anorexia.
In February, a man in his 40s was eating a Triple Bypass when he began sweating and shaking.
Man stricken while eating Heart Attack Grill burger
"I actually felt horrible for the gentleman because the tourists were taking photos of him as if it were some type of stunt. Even with our own morbid sense of humor, we would never pull a stunt like that," Basso told Fox5. He said he heard the man had been hospitalized and getting better.
The restaurant doesn’t try to hide that it serves up fatty fare. A sign there reads, “Caution: This establishment is bad for your health.” Patrons who weigh more than 350 pounds eat free (and yes, there is a scale to catch the skinny minis angling for a free lunch.) The restaurant has explained that yo-yoing weight is unhealthy, so why not keep guests steadily obese?
The burgers range from the Single Bypass to the Quadruple Bypass, which has four half-pound patties and eight slices of American cheese. Add 20 slices of bacon (dripping in its own grease, of course) for $3.69. The quadruple has nearly 8,000 calories.
For good measure, the restaurant parks an ambulance out front.