Thursday, March 15, 2012

Shatner boldly goes with his one-man show - Coming to Chicago


William Shatner will turn 81 on March 22, a mere four days after he brings his one-man show, "Shatner's World: We Just Live in It," to Milwaukee. And when he was first asked about trying his hand at the project, he was doing what a man his age (or any other age) often likes to do.

"I was sitting on a warm day with a cool drink," Shatner said during a recent phone interview. "I got a call to do this, and I thought I'd try it out."

Shatner premiered the show, which was then titled "Kirk, Crane, and Beyond: William Shatner Live," in Sydney, Australia, and featured the actor, author and director (among other occupations) conversing with a moderator. He toured more cities in Australia, then went to Auckland, New Zealand ("They thought I was a Maori!" he noted) and on to his native Canada.

"And then," Shatner said with a pause akin to those he has made famous on screens big and small, "Broadway beckoned."

CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL NEWS STORY

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didnt his wife die in a very mysterious fashion???? I wonder if she wanted to get his pension??? Oh, never mind.

Anonymous said...

Who gives a shit?

Anonymous said...

Did he or didn't he receive an invitation to George Takei's wedding to the lovely Brad?

He says NO, George and Brad say YES!

I Voted For Obama said...

William Shatner voted for Obama, then remembered he was Canadian.

Anonymous said...

Oh Boy, I can hardly wait to see this boring old Fuckhead in Chimpcongo.

Anonymous said...

Hope he don't get the "Mad Cow" like on Boston Legal.I loved Denny Crane.Especially when he shot the shit head in the parking garage.Almost made that colored boy dance!

Mark12A said...

Shatner voted for Obama (Sorry, but I HAVE to...) then visited Michelle to go where no man has gone before.

anonymous said...

Capt. Kirk likes the pink chocolate

Anonymous said...

You guys are jags!! Shatner is awesome

Unknown said...

You guys are jags!! Shatner is awesome

Abso-fucking-lutely. Just ask him.

I Voted For Obama said...

Nice one Mark12A. My seal of approval.