Tuesday, March 06, 2012

I was hoping for the other Madigan....Chicago newsman & WWII Veteran John Madigan dies at age 94

At WBBM-AM, Mr. Madigan became known for signing off his reports by drawing out the "S" in "78" when he said "WBBM, Newsradio SSSSSeventy-Eight."


John Madigan, a longtime Chicago newsman who worked with CBS-TV and was for many years political director at WBBM-AM radio, died on Monday in Florida of complications from a stroke, said his wife Elizabeth.

Mr. Madigan, 94, was a reporter for the Chicago American newspaper and also worked for Newsweek magazine before joining CBS, according to WBBM Newsradio 780 and 105.9 FM.

He is the father of actress Amy Madigan.


CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL NEWS STORY AND BIO

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

his daughter is a real north side dogface.the kind mr southside likes.

Anonymous said...

I caddied for him at Beverly. A true cheapass.

I Voted For Obama said...

He certainly lived a long life.

Anonymous said...

Been listening to newsradio 78 for over 30 years now. He absolutely did live a very long time. RIP

Sturmf├╝hrer-SS said...

KIKE FM 66.6 is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

His daughter is a fucking communist Hollywood CUNT!

Anonymous said...

Fuck him, he was a very cheap motherfucker. I also caddied for him when I was on summer break in college. I remember changing a flat tire for him in the pouring rain so he could get home in time for dinner so the wife wouldn't go off on him. He was petrified of that broad. I get soaked to the bone and he says he left his cash in his locker and that he'll get me "tomorrow". Well, guess what??? Tomorrow never came. Hope it was a slow painful death.

Aldo Raine

Mr. SouthSide said...

Can't say I have ever had the pleasure of Amy Madigan's company, but I have comforted many a neglected north side woman.

Nothing wrong with a dogface, especially if they like it doggy-style.

Anonymous said...

Get over it ALDO and grow a pair; the
guy is dead, happy now ?

Anonymous said...

Life don't start till you're 100 anyway I remember him before the commies took over the station.

Anonymous said...

Not a handsome man...

Anonymous said...

I caddied for him one time when I was about 12. The old prick lifted his leg up to fart knowing full well that I was no more than 2 feet behind him.

Anonymous said...

Typical liberal fuck.

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot, and irish too.