Sunday, February 26, 2012

Veteran Chicago Police officer Preston Ross Jr. suffered a fatal heart attack Saturday says Cook County Medical Examiner


Veteran Chicago Police officer Preston Ross Jr. suffered a fatal heart attack Saturday while on duty at a CTA stop, the Cook County Medical Examiner said today.

Ross, 48, was in uniform and working on the CTA detail at the Grand Avenue Blue Line stop around 9 a.m. when he suffered the heart attack. Police News affairs said. He was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where he died, police said.

Ross had been on the force for 25 years and received 17 awards from the department during his career, police said.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL NEWS STORY

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Speed.

Anonymous said...

May God hold you gently Officer -ISP retired

Anonymous said...

Thoughts go out to his family and friends...God Bless you.

Cowboy Tim said...

I'm saddened whenever you guys lose one of your own. God be with his family and all of you who knew and worked with him.

Why is he not featured on the Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP.org)? Was this not a line-of-duty death?

Anonymous said...

RIP brother!

Anonymous said...

RIP Officer.

Anonymous said...

prayers to the officer and prayers to the family and loved ones.

I Voted For Obama said...

Too sad for my usual stupid Obama comment.

Anonymous said...

What a way to go. So close but yet still so far from retirement.

My deepest sympathies to the Officer and his family.

Another good Officer who will never get to enjoy his pension.

Too sad for words....

Bullock said...

My deepest sympathy goes out to the Ross family. Preston Ross Jr. was a good son and a loving father. He was my partner and friend. Ross stood on pillars of strength and wisdom. I thank God for putting such a wonderful person in my life. -- "Bullock"

Bullock said...

My deepest sympathy goes out to the Ross family. Preston Ross Jr. was a good son and a loving father. He was my partner and friend. Ross stood on pillars of strength and wisdom. I thank God for putting such a wonderful person in my life. -- "Bullock"