Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chicago Park District website freezes as spring sign-up begins

Cary Okoro knows the drill. On Tuesday, the first day of on-line registration for Chicago Park District spring classes, she sat poised in front of her computer to hit "send" at 9 a.m., when the sign-up opened.

"Everybody knows this is what you have to do" to get into the most popular classes before they fill up, Okoro said.

But when she tried to sign her 6-year-old daughter up for a swim class at Independence Park in the Irving Park neighborhood and her 4-year-old son for indoor soccer at Horner Park in the Albany Park neighborhood, the park district's website froze.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL NEWS STORY

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cry me a river. I guess you get more time to spend with your kid(s) this summer......

Anonymous said...

My itch, my herpes


Maximo

Anonymous said...

follow the money..I bet it's a $24,999 city contract given to someone to fix a website that wasn't broke.

Anonymous said...

It's Crookago, just drop to your local Democommie Politician if you want something and hope there are some spots open that they haven't already sold or given to their family members.

I Voted For Obama said...

Cary Okoro voted for Obama, but her voting machine froze up when she hit the send button.

Anonymous said...

ANON. said
follow the money..I bet it's a $24,999 city contract given to someone to fix a website that wasn't broke.

February 21, 2012 1:27 PM
---------------------------------
I agree. Poorly skilled systems person, but they were probably someone's niece or nephew.

Conversation in the land of CLOUT:
"Hey, I'm an "expert" systems person."

"Too bad, my cousin just got the contract. I think he knows Word Perfect and some other big programs."

Anonymous said...

White taxpayers' children are not allowed in park district programs. Blacks and Hispanics need these spots so thet can sleep the day away.

Tico said...

Hey the web site needs to be in Spanish

Black Beauty said...

Damnit!!! I was going to sign my son up for intro to gangbanging & my daughter to turning tricks 101.I was also looking for a refresher course on how to cry racial profiling everytime things didn't go my way.